Saturday, January 31, 2015

Smitten

Today is your last chance to be "Smitten" with the National Papercrafting Month special from Close To My Heart. As promised, here is my second two-page layout made from this $5 kit (and I still have plenty of leftovers for a card or two).

Pictures are Copyright Apartment C Photography, Springfield, IL

I simply pulled out two more sheets of White Daisy cardstock to use as bases for the rest of the papers left in my kit.  I chose this sketch from Scrapbook Generation because it works so well with the CTMH sketch I used for the earlier layout.  I chose not to include a journaling area on this layout because I have a large area on the earlier layout.  I also still have plenty of candid shots that I took myself, so if I need to write more I can include it on those layouts too. I inked the edges on everything in this layout as well, using coordinating ink colors.


The Cricut cuts for my title area are all from the Artbooking cartridge. I resized them to fit my space and design.  The hearts were cut at 6" to work well with my focal 4x6 photo. I added foil heart stickers to accent. "Smitten" was cut from a scrap of Desert Sand cardstock, not included in the kit.


The banners are all cut by hand. I again used some discontinued gold polka dot washi tape, and I added a gold banner from the foil stickers included in the kit. I just trimmed it to the right length.  I also added some paper flowers from my stash, and used some of the gold foil circles for their centers. I used a foil heart to cover the seam in the striped paper, since it was only 6" wide.


The bottom border is made up of easy to trim rectangles.  I added pen stitching with a gold Signo Uniball pen to tie in with the foil stickers used in the flower centers.  I added more hearts as an accent, and to cover up the seam in the striped paper.

Remember today is the last day to purchase this beautiful kit! All of the details are in my previous post, and you can also see them on my website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...