Wednesday, February 17, 2010

DPL Swap Spoiler - Valentine

SPOILER ALERT! If you're in Mandies Valentine scrapbook swap on Down Paper Lane, I am about to show my contribution. If you don't want to see, don't look any further!!

There, all covered! Now, on to my fun swap items. I signed up to do mini file folders, which I haven't done in a while, so I thought it would be a little challenge. I'm happy to say that this went so quickly, I got them all done start-to-finish yesterday. I know V-day is over, but since we scrapbook after the fact we can make stuff any old time!

Here's one set of completed folders. I used my Sizzix File Folder die to cut all the folders. Cardstock used is White, Blush (Close To My Heart), Hollyhock (CTMH), and Cherry Splash (Bazzil Basics Paper). Ink colors used are Blush (CTMH), Hollyhock (CTMH), Riding Hood Red (Stampin' Up!), and White Daisy pigment ink(CTMH). I also used white embossing powder with the white ink. Unless otherwise noted, stamped images are from the All My Love stamp set (CTMH).

For the top folder, I punched a 3/4" strip of white CS with the new Pinking Hearts Border Punch from SU! (This is available through 4/30 in their Occasions Mini catalog.) The square with the heart is cut from an old piece of patterned paper scrap, layered on Cherry Splash CS, and all covered with a square clear epoxy sticker. I then added a heart eyelet for a finishing touch.

For the center folder, I random stamped the entire front with a heart stamp from Anita's Rubber Stamps. I again used the Pinking Hearts punch, added some white grosgrain ribbon, and a Hollyhock nail head (snap). The square heart image is from a discontinued stamp set, but it is easily substituted by one in the All My Love set.

The final folder uses another leftover scrap of paper for the strip across the front. Mini brads are from Oriental Trading Company. The round image is stamped in Riding Hood Red on Blush CS, then covered with a round clear epoxy sticker.

I can see these lined up on a layout as shown here, or angled randomly across the bottom of a layout. I would probably use a photo turn in my page as a means to keep the folders closed that would allow them to be opened easily for viewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...