Friday, July 13, 2012

Designing Clear Cards with a Little Mojo and CTMH

Clear cards are some of my favorites! They can be a challenge to make since you can see the inside from the outside and sometimes it's hard to know how much of the clear to cover up. (Personally, I usually cover the entire back of the card, but not always!)  I took a look at this week's Mojo Monday sketch and I thought the design was perfect to use in a little tutorial on the clear cards.

Today's card feature's the Fanfare paper pack which is part of the current Perfect Pair, available through the 15th.  (next up is Lucky, July 16-20)   I'm linking up to Mojo Monday 249 and also to the Heart to Heart geometric challenge (line, line, circle, square).

Here's the overall card:

This is what the outside looks like alone:

And here's what the inside looks like:

Finally, here's the video with some tips & ideas:


Supplies used in this card are all from Close To My Heart:
Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I hope to see you again soon!


6 comments:

  1. Wow, great design, and brave girl for tackling a clear card! I am especially impressed by your instructional video. Thanks for meeting the geometric challenge at H2H this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun design Lori! I haven't used clear card stock for a long time - you've inspired me to get it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm afraid of clear cards! You've done it so well with your card and tutorial, you've inspired me to try :). Thanks for playing along with us this week at H2H. Hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card and great tutorial. Thanks for joining us at H2H

    ReplyDelete
  5. To make or design clear cards adorable is tough task but you did it well, use of video for teaching purpose is better approach...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...