Sunday, July 28, 2013

Last Minute Mojo Monday

I actually made this card several days ago and forgot to post it! So here I am today, sneaking in to Mojo Monday 303 under the wire. If you don't have time to play along this week, be sure to check out the new sketch tomorrow.  I made this sympathy card:


This is a sneak peek of Close to My Heart's new Huntington papers, one of my favorites from the new catalog!

Here's the sketch from this week:




I stuck to the sketch this time - sometimes simple is better! Here are the details on mine:

I stamped July's stamp of the month, Sweet Life, using cashmere ink, and colored it with dry watercolor pencils. (I think I may go back with a bit of water and blend things a little; I'm not as pleased with that apple as I'd like!) The sentiment from Words of Comfort is stamped in Barn Red ink, with an inside sentiment in the same color.

The two pattern strips here are not paper from the Huntington line, they are stamped with the new Hostess Exclusive - Washi Wonder stamp set (it can only be purchased with Hostess Rewards). The embellishment is a simple wooden badge button from the Wooden Mini-Medley set, and I added a Mocha Opaques gem in the middle. Simple and elegant! I think this whole card would work well with a different sentiment for a man's birthday.

Also, just a reminder, don't forget to "sign your artwork" and let people know their cards are made with care!
I used a pretty stamp and added my initials with a colored pencil, but even a quick signature on the back is a great way to let people know you care enough to make it yourself (or buy handmade!).

That's it for today! Be sure to stop by again - I promise this week I have more projects to post. The crazy of summer has not wound down yet, but I have found some time to craft on a couple of cool days we had when the kids were happy to stay home and play video games!  Some great new product posts are on their way, so beware a little enabling!!



2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...