Friday, September 25, 2009

Silhouette Card

I love the look of silhouettes, but I find I don't make them often because I don't seem to have the right stamp images. Thanks to the new Childhood Portrait stamps from Close To My Heart, I've got images I want to use for this technique over and over! Here's what I made first:

I used my Kaleidacolor ink pad in Cappuccino Delight for the background. Using glossy paper and a rubber brayer, just roll the ink on. Don't have a Kaleidacolor pad? Just layer your colors with the brayer, starting with the lightest color first.

An archival black ink seems to give the best color for stamping over this technique, as opposed to regular dye ink.

I layered my image on black cardstock with a 1/16th inch border all around, then onto Barn Red CS for the card base.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...