Wednesday, December 22, 2010

December's Monthly Cricut Circle Challenge

This month's CC challenge is to make a gift item. Here are the details:

"The theme for this month’s challenge is geared towards helping you cross off one of the names on your holiday gift list! Please create a Holiday Gift Item. Project must be newly created for this challenge and should include the following elements to qualify: use a tag made with a cartridge (there are so many great tags on so many cartridges), use the color red somewhere, use ribbon, and use the Phrase Feature from one of the cartridges

* Use atleast 2 Cricut Cuts
* Use a tag made with a cartridge (there are so many great tags on so many cartridges!)
* Use the color red somewhere.
* Use ribbon.
* Use a phrase from one of the cartridges.

This challenge is open to Cricut Circle Members only. Your entry must meet the requirements above in order for your name to be entered into a random drawing for the PRIZE. You must submit a project to be entered into the drawing. Submit your entry using the InLinkz tool found at the bottom of this post. Entries are due by 11:59 pm MST on Thursday, December 30th, 2010."

For my entry, I finally made the shrink plastic charm bracelets I've been planning for my girls.

My phrase came from Preserves and I can't for the life of me remember where I just cut that tag from about 20 minutes ago, but it MIGHT have been Joys of the Season...  The tags are tied to the bracelets using red ribbon with green edges.  The charms themselves are all from the Cricut Imagine cartridge Best Friends.  Here's a closer view of a few:



I personalized the charms for each girl, so the hair color matches and the older one has a computer and the younger one has a tiara.  They are all made using Shrinky Dink shrink plastic for ink jet printers.  (Mine was purchased in the stamping section of a large Michael's store.)  All of the charms were cut at 1" TRUE SIZE, except the tiara, which was cut at 1/2" TRUE SIZE.  I punched them with a 1/8" hole punch before shrinking them in the toaster oven.  I sealed the charms using a matte Krylon spray sealer.  The bracelets were made using Plaid's "Flavor" Loop Chain and Metal Findings in a reddish color.  (I got mine from the jewelry making section at JoAnn's.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...