Friday, December 31, 2010

Find Your Style - January SOTM Blog Hop

Happy New Year and welcome to our first Stamp of the Month blog hop for 2011!  Our first stamp set this year is a beautiful set of 9 stamps with all kinds of possibilities.  This month we have over 50 consultants participating to give you lots of ideas.  If you're coming here from Melissa Robinson's blog, you're in the right place.  When you're done here, you'll hop over to Krista Ritske's blog.

Also, just as an FYI, the Stamp of the Month program is working a little differently this month as an extra incentive while we switch over to our new catalog schedule.  If you haven't yet seen our Inspirations brochure with the full details, you can view it in PDF form here.  Now, on to the pretty artwork!


I chose to make some pictures for our powder room.  I've been struggling with decorating this room, and as soon as I saw these stamps I knew they'd be perfect!  I even know what color I'll be painting the room later (a lighter shade of that Juniper, in case you're interested).  My colors come straight from the new Wings kit, although I did add the Juniper cardstock since that is not one of the cardstock colors in the kit.

I started with a couple of 5x7 frames that match our cabinets.  (The glass is behind everything else, in case I ever want it since this is a 3-D project.)  I stamped my images with Black ink on Juniper cardstock, and cut out around them.  With our micro-tip scissors, this is really faster than you might think!  I adhered a Black base with Vineyard Berry mat onto the pattern paper from the Wings kit.  Then I used foam adhesive tape to pop my stamped images off the Black base.  I added a tactile border using our new pleated ribbon in the Wings Level 2 Assortment (I LOVE this stuff!), then I added a little bling with some Clear Sparkles and some Opaques Pearl Adhesive Gems.  I put the entire thing in the frames, then moved the design onto the frame as well.  I created some flowers using 6 sections of the pleated ribbon - I overlapped 2 sections and adhered them with Liquid Glass.  Once dry, I flattened it into a flower shape added a black corduroy brad from the Black Mini-Medley (included in the Wings Workshop Kit), and added some loops (or leaves) using the ribbon in the same mini-medley (also using Liquid Glass).  I attached the flowers to the frames using Liquid Glass to be sure they will stay put!

Here are a couple of close-ups if you want to see things better.  Just click the pictures to make them bigger!  I hope you've enjoyed my Inspiration; now hop on over to Krista's blog!

17 comments:

  1. These are terrific. Show us pix of your powder room when it is done. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great wall hangings. You did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How precious is that !?!? My 4 little princesses (my nieces) would love that powder room ! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these, I might just have to case this idea and make some for my daughter's room. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving these pictures. I love when I see our stamps actually used as works of art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very victorian and beautiful wall art!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great way to showcase this stamp set! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lori, your projects are great. I need to do more home decor projects.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea to incorporate them in your home decor!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome home decor project! I will look forward to seeing pics of your new powder room, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome home decor project! I will look forward to seeing pics of your new powder room, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love stamped framed artwork! These are beautiful and no exception!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...