Saturday, June 25, 2011

Borders, Borders Everywhere

Let me preface by saying that it is HIGH time I get myself in a Copic class.  I had one heck of a time coloring the face on this today, but I have vowed to practice more with them in the hopes that I will eventually learn to love them!

I've had very little crafty time lately, so I decided to enter a couple of challenges today so I would at least get to play a little before I dig in & get back to the drudgery of housework!  I based my card on a sketch for Which One Wednesday at the TGF Farm Fresh Challenge Blog, and opted to go all-in with some border strips for the Beautiful Borders Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.   Go check them out and you can play along too!


I love how she just happens to fit in the circle design so perfectly; like she's lounging around there.

I used the following supplies to make my card:
  • Kraft card base
  • Springtime papers from Echo Park
  • Black and white cardstock
  • Cheeky Rockabilly stamp from The Greeting Farm
  • Copic markers
  • Ribbon from the Animal Crackers Jack collection by Making Memories
  • Border punches from (top to bottom) Martha Stewart Crafts, EK Success, Martha Stewart Crafts, & Stampin' Up!
  • ATG adhesive, Scor-tape (for the bottom 2 borders), and foam pop dots
Shameless plug: the Echo Park papers, The Greeting Farm stamp, Copic markers, and all adhesives are available over at Cutters Creek!

Thanks for stopping by; I always love to read your comments!  If you feel so inclined, I would also love for you to become a follower (I also have email and reader options).

    7 comments:

    1. Such a cute card! I love how you used the different borders.

      ReplyDelete
    2. I love your card. The image is colored so nicely too. And the creative way you used the borders is cool. Hugs, Fran

      ReplyDelete
    3. Hey Lori! Thanks for linking this up to the Beautiful Borders challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...