Friday, June 3, 2011

Last Day of School

Yes, I know, 2 posts today -  unbelievable!

Thanks to snow days, today is FINALLY the last day of school for my Kindergartener.  (The girls get to go back for a whole hour on Monday - crazy.)  Anyway, after a little trip to Panera this morning to enjoy our final sister-free morning, I whipped up a little card for The Boy's teacher.  (I know, nothing like waiting until the last minute.)  I have a feeling his teacher put up with quite a lot this year, lol, and not just from him!


Once again, I actually exceeded my expectations for a card!  I just l-o-v-e how this turned out, especially considering I waited until the last minute.  These clear cards always look so great, I'm sure that's a lot of it.  OK, the clear card base is from Close To My Heart.  I cut the circles with my Cricut from Plantin Schoolbook at 3.75" and 4".  The white paper is stamped with the School Paper cling rubber stamp from River City Rubber Works using Sky ink from Close To My Heart.  The abc and 123 are from a discontinued stamp set in my stash.  The paper was then sponged with Topiary ink from CTMH.  The apple is from the My World Cricut cartridge.  I cut the layers from (top to bottom) Topiary, Cranberry, Holiday Red, and Black cardstock from CTMH.  I colored the stem with a Chocolate marker, and sponged the edges of the leaf with Topiary and the top layer of the apple with Cranberry inks from CTMH.  The white layer is adhered to the outside front of the card and the black is adhered to the inside front of the card, both using Scor-tape.  The apple is popped up using Pop Dots.


The "Thanks" and "Teacher" stamps are from another discontinued set in my stash; I hand wrote "for being my".  I colored in the "Thanks" image with a Cranberry marker and sponged the outside of the white paper with Topiary ink from CTMH to match the front of the card.  I adhered the white paper to the inside back of the card and the black to the outside back, again using Scor-tape.  Not shown, I signed the card on the back with a Uniball Signo white pen.

3 comments:

  1. Lori!! I Love it and the clear card really does set it off so perfectly! I love your very detailed explanation too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very pretty. I never did a clear card before. I love the way yours looks and may have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Lori! It seems when I wait until the last minute things turn out better for me too. I love everything about your card. Hugs, Fran

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...