Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Cricut Circle Weekly Challenge #15

I actually had time to complete this week's Circle Challenge!  Here are the rules:
"Brrrr! Winter is in full swing over many parts of the country . . . but even if it is warm where you are, you can use Winter-inspired elements to fuel your creative juices on your next Cricut project. We challenge you to incorporate white paint, metal, and a snowflake cut on your project this week.
Project must be newly created for this challenge and must include atleast 2 different cuts from any Cricut cartridge to qualify. This challenge is open to Cricut Circle Members only."


My two Cricut cuts are both from the Graphically Speaking cartridge.  I cut the regular snowflake at 3" from American Crafts glitter cardstock (this is currently my favorite "bling" product).  Then I cut the blackout snowflake at 3.25" from Grey Wool cardstock (all CS in this card is from Close To My Heart).  I changed the size in order to give a little more definition between the layers.  My Twilight CS panel was embossed using a Cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder.  Then, I painted a layer of white paint on the bottom of a shallow tray, and laid my embossed panel in it face down into the paint.

My sentiment stamp is from Unity Stamp Company, my stamping ink (in Twilight) is from Close To My Heart, and my metal washer-type eyelet is from Stampin' Up.

3 comments:

  1. This is super cute, Lori! I hope Rob gets home at a decent hour so I can finish my project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Love the paint on the embossed areas! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...