Friday, February 25, 2011

Imitation is the Sincerest Form of Flattery

So, last week I was in Archiver's and was looking at this package of Tattered Angels Crepe Ribbon.  I had used some last Summer at CHA and thought I'd pick some up.  But then, sticker shock!  And I decided right then to try my hand at making my own.  (I'm a big DIY girl!)  I bought a roll of white crepe paper streamer for about $1 and brought it home.

To get started, I already had on hand the other things I needed.  I pulled out a stamp set, black Staz-on ink, and some Glimmer Mist.  If you're interested, the stamp set I used is the February stamp of the month from Close To My Heart, Friendship.

Using my Staz-on ink, I stamped one of the images repeatedly along the crepe streamer.  So easy, it took less than 5 minutes! Then I sprayed it with various colors of Glimmer Mist.  Once it was dry, I was ready to use it on a card.
The colors don't show well in the photo, but they blend together well.  The colors I used are form the Heritage set at Archiver's.  I attached it to my card front using Glue Lines because they were handy, but Scor-tape would also work.  I layered ribbon along the center of the crepe streamer to tie in with one of the colors of Glimmer Mist.  I stamped a sentiment on matching cardstock and matted it with black.  The patterned paper is the "back" side of one of the papers from the Sweetheart paper pack I used in yesterday's layout.  The little metal embellishment in the corner is from the Mini-Medley Accents Antiqued Copper Collection.

I'd love to see what you do with this!  If you decide to do a little DIY, please post a link here in the comments so I can come take a look!

2 comments:

  1. Love it!! I love that you decided that it was cost effective to make your own too!! And you can personalize the 'ribbon' for each project. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this DIY project. I hadn't heard of the crepe ribbon before but like the look you achieved using it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...