Thursday, February 10, 2011

Quick Birthday Thanks

The Boy turned 6 last month.  So we had a few friends to Chuck E. Cheese's and had a blast blowing through tokens.  Now it's time to get the thank you cards sent out!  So I sat down yesterday and cranked some out.


I decided to keep these simple since they're going to kids.  They're likely to get thrown out right away anyway.  Pennants & banners are super hot right now, and nothing says birthday more.  So, I sat down with my Make The Cut software and downloaded the Pennants SVGs from Lettering Delights.  Granted, you could probably make this particular design on your own, but the file is only $2, and you get 7 different designs to have fun with.  I imported one image into MTC and sized it to my desired size.  Then I used the duplicate feature to make all the pennants I needed.

After cutting, I folded the pennants on the score lines, then inked the edges on the front.  Using some alphabet stamps, I stamped "thanks" on the pennants.  Next, I put the pennants on a length of hemp cord (I really wanted to use jute, but couldn't find my stash) and tied little bows at each end.   I attached the banner to the card, then stamped a little birdy and the sun from a set of American Crafts clear stamps.  And, done!  As soon as I help The Boy write his notes, they're off in the mail!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...