Friday, February 25, 2011

Sympathy Card

I unfortunately find myself in need of a sympathy card again.  It's for one of my mother's best friends, who just lost her husband to a recurrence of cancer.  This woman babysat me some and I still remember one of her sons playing Hi-Ho Cherrio with me when I was little.  She has had more than her share of loss in her life, and I'm very sad for her right now.  That said, I thought this card turned out beautifully, so I wanted to share it with you.


I used the discontinued Veranda paper pack from Close To My Heart.  I found a pattern I liked in the Wishes card pattern book, and pulled out some stamps and coordinating inks.  I get tired of using the same sympathy stamps all the time, so I am always on the lookout for new ones.  I found the lovely sentiment on the front of the card on clearance, but you may still be able to find it on the internet.  It's from the "Favorite Calligraphies" stamp set from Clearly Inspired.  The other stamps used on the front are from the discontinued "Follow Your Heart" stamp set from CTMH.  The flowers are from a package of Paper Blooms and a Pewter Filigree Charm, also from CTMH.

Inside the card, I used an additional sentiment.  This is from yet another discontinued CTMH stamp set, Comforting Thoughts.  I know, I'm really not being very helpful here, am I?  This is why I am always scouting for more Sympathy stamps.

Lastly, I stamped a little image on the card back.  This one is actually from a current stamp set (I know, unbelievable) from CTMH, called Made With Love.

I hope that, despite all of the discontinued items, I've given you an idea or inspiration today.  I enjoyed sharing with you.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...