For my project, I've chosen to feature the My Creations Memory Showcase in the 6" x 6" size. (This is the same accordion album my daughter's Girl Scout troop used for the book I posted the other day.) This is one of my favorite products, as I love all of the things it can be used for. This smaller size is perfect for a brag book for Mom or Grandma's purse, stands on a table and even spread out doesn't take up much room, and at only $3.95 can also be used for a special birthday (or other occasion) card.
I chose to decorate mine for a baby boy, as I have a neighbor expecting soon. I used our former Miracle kit from National Scrapbook Month (2010, I believe), but our current Miracle papers and MyStickease would make a great substitution.
|The Front Cover|
|The first set of inside pages|
|The second set of inside pages|
|Inside pages on the back side|
The new mom can easily just stick down 4x6 photos without cropping if she likes, and the papers are light enough in color that she can even write directly on the patterned paper. I used our new Kraft cardstock on the front and back covers, because it is nice and sturdy and won't show wear as quickly, especially if it will be sliding in and out of a purse.
Close To My Heart products used:
- MyCreations Memory Showcase, 6" x 6"
- Miracle kit & Crystal Blue CS (substitute Miracle papers and Miracle MyStickease)
- Kraft Cardstock
- Kraft Color-Ready Borders
- Just for Boys stamp set (center of rosette on front cover)
- Baby Love stamp set
- Stamp pads in Crystal Blue and Bamboo
- Versamark stamp pad and Clear Embossing Powder (used on center of rosette on front cover)
- Make The Cut software for electronic die-cutting machines
- Accordion Fold Rosette SVG files from Lettering Delights