So, I mentioned the other day that my daughter is excited to get up early and see some of the hoopla surrounding the royal wedding. I'm sure she's not the only one planning a "viewing party", so I thought I'd create a layout appropriate for scrapping the event! (Remember to click on the photos to see them larger.)
Be sure to click on this photo to see the medallions I stamped on the background using Versamark ink! Looks much better in person, lol.
This picture shows better detail on one of the stamped medallions and the way I cut my paper strips to follow the medallion's shape. I cut my title using the Elegant Cake Cricut cartridge, and welded the font shadow using the Gypsy. I added some self-adhesive gems for a little added bling.
Here's a closeup of my flag pennant banner and the cardstock strip I embossed using a Cuttlebug folder. The gold string is actually 3 strands of DMC Light Gold Thread (282) braided together. The flag pennants are part of a printable set from Lettering Delights, and the entire set is free through Saturday! They also have matching SVGs and an alphabet, all on sale during Dollar Days, which ends TODAY. The anchors for my banner are just gold brads, spaced at 1.75".
I used gold crowns to bookend the journaling block. Since I wasn't totally sure where I was putting them, I made the crowns separately and adhered them to the CS later. I stamped in gold ink on white vellum, heat embossed with gold embossing powder, and trimmed around the images with micro-tip scissors. I added some self-adhesive gems to the crowns for a finishing touch.
Supplies used in this layout:
- red, white, and blue cardstock from my stash
- Cricut cartridge, Elegant Cakes, and Gypsy
- Cuttlebug embossing folder, Textile Texture
- Medallion Stamp, Stampin' UP!
- self-adhesive gems in clear, red, and blue; Close To My Heart
- gold brads
- DMC Light Gold Thread, #282
- British flag pennant printables, Lettering Delights (you can get lots of freebies just for creating an account; get more every Friday via their FB page!)
- Royal Birth stamp set, Close To My Heart
- Versamark and metallic gold stamp pads
- gold embossing powder and heat gun
Thanks for stopping by today - hope to see you back soon! Now it's time to hop on over to Michelle at Queen of My Craft Room for her project.