Friday, August 22, 2014

Chalk Up Another First Day of School!

I'm back today with another layout using my featured Kit of the Month for August, Chalk It Up. While this line is fresh & fun for lots of topics, it is of course designed to be perfect for school photos!


(Please forgive the glare on the left page; I slid the pages in sheet protectors in order to add Flip Flaps.) I love how simply swiping a little White Daisy pigment ink on the black cardstock really makes it look like a chalkboard! This easy technique really makes a big impact.


I used more of the chipboard Complements from last time to title this layout. The addition of a White Enamel Star adds even more dimension.


Since I used smaller picture sizes than the original sketch called for, I added this fun row of embellishments between these two.  More enamel stars tie in with the title, and the puffy stickers from the Chalk It Up Assortment are a fun addition.


Here you can see a Flip Flap I used to add another picture to this layout.  They are one of my all-time favorite CTMH products - an inexpensive way to make any sketch or layout idea more versatile!

Be sure to visit the Kit of the Month page during August to see my special offers on Chalk It Up and related items, as well as artwork from the Close To My Heart corporate design department and a link to all of my projects using Chalk It Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...