Monday, August 25, 2014

Double Duty With Sketches

My favorite thing about using sketches is that one sketch never turns out the same way twice... or does it? Check out these two versions of a Scrapbook Generation sketch:




Pretty much the same, right?  And that's what I love! We have two girls, two years apart in age. So last year, they both bridged in Girl Scouts. I had pretty much the same pictures for both of them, but of course needed a separate layout for each girl.

I had some Girl Scout papers in my stash in different color versions, so I was able to tailor the layouts to their level in GS. The only difference is the specific embellishments and title treatments I used, only because I had some Brownies products left over from another use.

Making a sketch do double duty like this is a real time saver! I really only had to plan the papers once, then grab the same ones from the other color version. Also, some of the pictures were identical, making placement and cropping faster. And since these will be going in two different albums, no one will likely even notice.

I'd love to see your results with this! Be sure to show me if you try making multiple layouts with the same sketch, and let me know what you think.

Supplies used:
  • Cardstock - Ponderosa Pine from CTMH, brown from Bazzill
  • Patterned paper - K&Company (discontinued)
  • Stamps & Ink - CTMH   Keyboard Uppercase and Handwritten Print 
  • flowers & embellishments - from my stash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...