Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Simple Sketch With Chalk It Up

I'm back today with one final layout using Chalk It Up for this month. (I did make one more, but since it's for publication I just can't share it yet.) Be sure to come back later this week for an awesome card "workshop" that calls for only one sheet of patterned paper to make 16 cards!


Please ignore the tweenage angst - I think we all remember those Jr High years, lol.  I wanted to keep this layout fairly simple as my oldest is absolutely anti-girly everything. The black chalkboard background ties in pretty well with her clothes, while the Lagoon mats really help the photos pop. I saw a layout somewhere online (sorry I can't find it again, boo) that I used to create a sketch for my layout - love it!

I used the same easy chalkboard technique as in my earlier Chalk It Up posts. If you missed it, you can visit the Kit of the Month page for a link to my previous posts, plus awesome artwork direct from CTMH's design department.


The title is stamped with pigment ink. I pressed a little harder than usual so that some of the ink would pull back up instead of giving that full coverage we normally go for. This is a great way to add to that chalkboard look. The alphas I used are Keyboard Uppercase and Handwritten Print.


Simple pennant shapes make a great accent. Totally not girly, but absolutely cool and trendy! I added puffy stickers from the Chalk It Up Assortment and White Enamel Stars.


I used a chipboard piece from the Chalk It Up Complements for my simple journaling.



Just a couple more places where I used those fun pennant embellishments. They're one of my favorite "handmade" things to add because they are simple to make! Small ones like these are pretty easy with just scissors, but do you know a trick for making nice even tails on even larger ones? A square punch! Just use a corner of it to punch the end of any rectangle to turn it into a pennant.

Thanks for stopping by today! If you're interested in seeing more artwork, or you want to shop for any of these products, just visit my Kit of the Month page for links to all of the featured products for the month of August.

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...