Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Just Imagine...

OK, so I've got this Cricut Imagine (thanks ProvoCraft!), and I've been playing around with it but haven't really finished anything.  I REALLY wanted to do Shrinky Dinks with it, and I finally got to one of my regular Michael's stores the other day and got some.  If you want to make these with your Imagine, you MUST have the package that says Shrinky Dinks For Computer InkJet Printers.  In my store, it was near the rubber stamping supplies.

I've got the Best Friends cartridge, and I just knew it was perfect for this project.  I grabbed a couple of images and parts of images and printed/cut them out.  Warning!  I forgot and turned my shrink plastic the wrong way, like you would on the E and lost most of my first attempt.  The plastic must go across the front edge of the mat, as it feeds into the printer or you will just be printing and cutting your mat.  Luckily, extra ink just wipes right off the mat!  Once I had success, I grabbed my hole punch and punched holes at the top, then baked them in my toaster oven following the package instructions.

Here's what I wound up with:
Don't they look cute?  My daughter has recently received her own house key (at the ripe old age of 9), and she has chosen the little laptop chat girl to go on her key chain.  Now I just need to find one that actually has a chain on it!  Next on my list is charm bracelets for my girls for Christmas presents; since they don't visit my blog, I'll be sure to post here when I'm done!

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...