Friday, October 8, 2010

Upsy Daisy!

Today I wanted to share with you a fabulous little paper company.  I had never heard of them prior to attending CHA this Sumer, and they have some of the most beautiful papers!  I recently tried out for their design team and, sorry to say, did not get asked to join.  But based on their current DT, I know the new gals are uber-talented - I can't wait to see what they come up with!

At any rate, now that the announcement has been made, I can share one of my entries with you.  I made this 2-page layout using the new Avalanche line from Upsy Daisy Designs.  I based my LO on a sketch from the Scrapbook Generations sketch books.

All of their gorgeous papers are double-sided, so you will definitely want to head over to Upsy Daisy Designs and see all of the patterns, plus the extras they have that match each paper line.  For my layout, I added cardstock from Bazzil for the bases and the dark brown.  I also added white CS, and Textured Twilight CS from Close To My Heart, plus Glitter Cardstock from American Crafts.

For my title, I chose to stamp "work" in Versamark on the dark brown CS using the Rustic alphabet stamps from CMTH, then I cut out each letter.  The "or" is also stamped, using white embossing powder and the CTMH Precious alphabet stamps (discontinued).  "play" is cut with my Cricut, using Gypsy Font.  I then cut snowflakes from several different Cricut cartridges - I just used the search feature on my Gypsy to find carts with snowflakes and chose those I wanted - in different sizes.  I cut some from cardstock, some from glitter cardstock, and some from plastic packaging (like the Cricut carts come in).  To make the clear plastic ones more visible, I swiped on some white pigment ink around all of the edges.  This also gives a nice "snowy" look.  Fianlly, I attached everything.  I used Liquid Glass (like Glossy Accents) for the glitter cardstock, and brads for anything clear.  The top and bottom brads are from CTMH, and the middle one is a Recollections from Michael's.

Alright, your mission is to head over to Upsy Daisy and check out all of their cool stuff.  And be sure to tell them I sent you!

2 comments:

  1. This layout is sooooo super cute! I need to put mine on my blog too. Sucks neither of us made it but you were right about those other amazing designers.... sigh :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...