Thursday, October 14, 2010

My Little Shoebox Sketch Challenge

My Little Shoebox is having a fun sketch challenge with a great prize, and you have plenty of time to enter!  The challenge is open until November 15th, so grab your pictures and your favorite My Little Shoebox papers and get scrappin'.  Head on over to the MLS blog for all the details.

The sketch they provided this month is great, but it's for a single page layout, and if you know me you know I scrap almost entirely in two page spreads.  So I created my own right hand page to go with their sketch.  Here's the sketch:

And here's the layout I created:

I used the Flying High paper line for my layout.  Its fun & playful style was perfect for my daughter's 5th birthday.  We have a little tradition in our house that no matter what day of the week your birthday falls on, you get a birthday dinner and your gift.  Hence the photos of everyone eating soft tacos - that was Holly's choice. 

Little tips:
  • I used the tone on tone lines of my scalloped circle paper as built-in lines for journaling.  No need to add anything extra.
  • I cut out elements from one of the papers for the clouds and bird & birdhouse to create my little scene.  I also used two elements from the punch-out sheet for the sun.
  • I added some felt ribbon and glitter cardstock (both items from American Crafts) for some extra texture.
Now it's your turn.  Go take a crack at that sketch and the cool prize the winner will receive!

6 comments:

  1. Oooh love how you used the sketch to make it part of a two page layout. Great job, and thanks for playing along with MLS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! Love your double take!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful take on the sketch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with the sketch! Thanks for creating with us at MLS!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...