Friday, October 15, 2010

Summer Flashback

Summer may be over, but most of us still have plenty of pictures to scrap. (Mine are from 2006!)  So here's a little Summer flashback to help you out!

I used a few tricks to get as many pictures as possible all in one place, but if you have fewer, this main layout is easy to replicate.  Some of my papers are discontinued, but you'll want to substitute what matches your photos.


My Cricut cuts are made with Everyday Paper Dolls, Paper Doll Dress Up and Life Is A Beach, and I inked the edges of all the cardstock pieces with matching ink to add depth.  I created the title using the alphabet on Life Is A Beach and my Gypsy to weld it all together.  The elephant is from p. 75 of EPD, and his water spray is multiple cuts of the raindrops on p. 42.  The sun is from p.40 of EPD, and the water and grass are both from p. 77.

But wait, there's more!  Here's a simple way to get a few more pictures on your page:
An accordion fold mini album is a great way to add a few more pictures.  I simply cut a strip of CS the width of my photos, and scored it the same size.  There are several ways to keep your album closed on your page, the easiest of which is just using a photo turn or large brad to slide an edge under.  I chose to use a D-ring type closure, like we all had on our belts in the 70's.  Be sure to cut away the sheet protector around the mini-album so it can be opened.

But wait, there's even more!  I had a LOT of pictures, so I added some Flip Flaps sheet protectors to my layout:

 Note: I haven't added my journaling yet (it sometimes takes a while for me!), so that's what the blank places are for.  The palm trees are cut from p. 42 of PDDU.  As an alternative, there are a couple more on LIAB, I just liked this one best for this LO.  The octopus border is from p.54 of LIAB.

Supplies from Cutters Creek:
Supplies from Close To My Heart:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...